- "Just take a garden hose with your back to the sun and spray. You'll make a rainbow." Doug Kelly
- Easy Ways To Teach Your Child About Colors
- Teaching Children Colors
- Teaching colours to autistic children
- Use colours (crayons or pencils or chalks or cut out cardboard & glue) to decorate a brown paper bag with every colour of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink.
- Don't worry about the order of the colours or what they draw with young ones - just get every colour on there.
- Now go for a walk with your paper bag and try and see or collect something from each colour.
- All the Colors of the Rainbow (Rookie Read-About Science) by Allan Fowler
- What Makes a Rainbow? Mini edition (A Magic Ribbon Book) Board book by betty Ann Schwarz
FEEDBACK: "we sat outside and did this with 3 year olds - the drawing part, on paper bags with coloured pencils. The kids were so involved with the drawing we will do the collecting tomorrow" Lesley @ early play