Wednesday

Star gazing


QUOTE:  "The stars hang bright above, silent, as if they watched the sleeping earth." Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)

ACTIVITY: 
  • Lie down, on your back, in the grass on a clear night and look at the stars. This works best if you are not in an urban environment with lots of lights. Our family love doing this every year when we go camping. "When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

THEORY:
EQUIPMENT:
  • "you can start observing with nothing more than your eyes. If you decide you want a better look into space, you can buy a pair of binoculars or a telescope."
BOOKS:

           
National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Night Sky (National Audubon Society Field Guides)
     





          

Our Stars by Anne Rockwell  "When night comes, I can see billions of stars twinkling in the dark sky."

STAR CRAFTS FOR CHILDREN:
"Two things inspire me to awe -- the starry heavens above and the moral universe within."  Albert Einstein

11 comments:

  1. Now following on GFC and on facebook. You got some great ideas on here. Thanks for linking up to the field trip hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry what is GFC?? Thanks for following

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.
    I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will often come back later in life.

    I want to encourage yourself to continue your great work,
    have a nice weekend!
    Also see my webpage > mac baren cube

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot of unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help prevent content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog! Just wanted to say I love reading about stars and all your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, this weekend is relaxing for me, for the reason that this occasion i am reading this impressive educational post all about the stars here at my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vsan, glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  10. Hi there to every one, the contents existing at this site are actually remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the
    good work fellows.

    My weblog :: interesting info; ,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...